Reported Rape CCTV Appeal By Humberside Police.
CCTV appeal following reported rape in Grimsby
North East Lincolnshire
21 Apr 2019
Officers investigating a reported rape on Freeman Street, Grimsby on Sunday 14 April have issued CCTV images of a man that they would like to speak to.
Detective Chief Inspector Stu Miller said: “We are keen to identify and speak to the man in these images as we believe he may have information that could help our enquiries into a reported rape on Freeman Street, Grimsby on Sunday 14 April.
“He entered Cottees Bar, Freeman Street around 00:40am on Sunday 14 April and left around 1:30am. He’s described as a white man, in his late 20s or early 30s, with short dark hair which is short at the sides and a little longer on top, and a short dark beard or stubble.
“He was wearing a black hoody top with a zip up front, dark blue jeans and black trainers with white markings and a white sole, possibly Nike.
“Anyone that recognises him is asked to call our non-emergency number 101 quoting log 107 of 14/04/19 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
“Whilst there have been two incidents of this nature in a similar area within a relatively short period of time, there are significant differences in the circumstances of the two incidents which means that at this stage we are not connecting them.
“This type of offence is rare and I would urge the public to be alert but not alarmed. Please consider your personal safety and follow some basic advice to keep yourself safe.”
- Avoid walking alone, or with people you don’t know, after dark.
- Stay in well-lit areas and stick to main roads where there are other people around.
- Don’t walk and talk on your phone.
- Be aware of your surroundings and who is nearby.
- Use public transport or pre-booked licensed taxis.
- Let someone know where you are, where you are going and when you expect to arrive.
- Keep your phone with you and charged up.
- Don’t drink to excess. Stay in control.