Man and woman suffer serious injuries after assault on Pasture street Friday night

A man lost part of a cheek in the attack and a woman was head butted in the face and suffered a serious injury.

Scenes of the serious assault on Pasture street Friday night. : (C) Cleethorpes News 24

Police were called to a serious assault last night on Pasture street Grimsby at around 6.30pm

Video from Pasture st assault scene: Video of police detaining and arresting suspect on Tunnard street. : Video:(C) Cleethorpes News 24

It’s believed a man attacked a woman in the China House take away before attacking another man who came to help the woman.

The woman suffered a serious facial injury, The man who came to to her aid has believed to have suffered a severe facial injury.

Witnesses say the incident started inside the neighbouring Lifestyles Store, when a man confronted a woman who had been in shopping.

He is then said to have followed the woman into the takeaway where the woman was headbutted before another man was assulated.

He is believed to have lost part of his cheek after the man attacked him. Blood could be seen outside the takeaway on the pavement and on a bag from the assault.

Police couldn’t wait for the Ambulance, so decided to take both injured to the hospital.

The suspect had left the area by time police arrived on the scene.

Witnesses stated the incident started inside the lifestyle convenience store, before the assaults occurred inside the chinese takeaway then spilled on to the street.

While we was at the scene police were informed the suspect was seen on Tunnard street were police rushed to the scene.

At Tunnard st up to six police officers could be seen trying to restrain a man who was struggling and refusing to calm down.

The suspect could be heard threatening police and people who witnessing the arrest.

Eventually he was detained and led down the street to a police van that was waiting to extort him away.

Humberside police released this statement.

We were called to takeaway on Friday 21 June

The caller reported an assault was taking place in the takeaway. We arrived at the scene within 10 minutes and arrested a 26 year-old man.

“Two people have suffered facial injuries, one of those injured, a man, has suffered potentially life-changing injuries to his face.

“The man arrested remains in custody while we carry out our investigations.

“Anyone who witnessed the incident that has not already spoken to us should call our non-emergency number 101 quoting log 515 21/06/19.

Leave a Reply