Fire Smoke and water damage caused by carelessly discarded smoking materials

Fire service and ambulance service were called out to a fire on Grimsby Road Cleethorpes this afternoon

Emergency services were called out to a property on Grimsby road earlier this afternoon : Video © Cleethorpes News 24

A property on Grimsby road Cleethorpes was partially damaged today after carelessly discarded smoking materials were discarded.

The discarded materials caused a mattress to catch fire and fills room with smoke.

One male in the property tried to extinguish the fire but couldn’t do it.

Two fire appliances and two East Midlands Ambulances arrived on the scene to delay with the incident.

Fire personnel used one hose reel, two BA units, A thermal imaging camera and a POV fan was also used.

Three adult males were led to safety from the property. One male received Oxygen therapy.

Three male casualties were given precautionary check ups on scene from the ambulance service.

After the incident was dealt with, The fire service installed smoke detectors and activated them and gave the males advice.

The occupier was advised to contact a an electrician before leaving the scene.

Leave a Reply

×
%d bloggers like this: